Take a moment to read what we consider to be our foundation:
Legacy Ministry College’s mission is to make disciples of the nations with academic excellence and Holy Ghost power!
1. PENTECOSTAL IN EXPERIENCE & DOCTRINE: We want to make sure we guard and protect our Spirit-filled heritage which teaches that the baptism of the Holy Spirit (evidenced by speaking in other tongues) is for all and enables the saint to have access to all the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit. This would also include the affirmation of women in ministry and training in the five-fold ministry gifts. The fulfillment of Joel’s prophecy preached by Peter on Pentecost in Acts 2:16-21 is key to our understanding of this value.
2. EXCELLENT IN ACADEMICS: This would include meeting and exceeding the standard set by the U.S. Board of Education, as mediated by our accrediting agency. Daniel and his friends would be our example, that while serving God in Babylon we could be outstanding in knowledge and understanding- even above our peers (Daniel 1:17).
3. PRACTICAL IN TRAINING: LMC will strive to take the classroom to the streets, where the rubber meets the road. Our professors will need to be academically qualified, but practically certified in their ministry. We want to see every person from the board to the executive team, to the faculty and administrative staff, living and leading the students by example in the local church, on the streets, and in the mission field. As it was with Jesus and His twelve, so shall it be with us (Mark 3:13-15). Thus, both the students and the leadership team will be partnered together to do successful ministry. This can be done via practicums led by the leadership team or the local church, college led mission trips, and internships.
4. COMMITTED IN PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: We desire to make disciples that make disciples that make disciples until Jesus comes back. Every student, like every leader in LMC, will need to be committed to growing in spiritual stature before God and men. Accountability to spiritual growth will be accessed via our spiritual disciplines. As in the days of the Methodists we will be methodical in developing the inner life of our college so from these deep roots, good fruit will grow. Jesus’ vine and branches teaching in John 15:1-17 will be key to this value being fleshed out.
5. BIBLICAL IN WORLDVIEW: At a time in human history where homosexuality, evolution, social Marxism, anti-Israel sentiment, abortion, suicide, governmental oppression due to COVID-19, and religious ecumenicalism is on the rise, we at LMC want to have our minds renewed and shaped by the Word of God. We do not want to go along with what is popular, but rather by what is taught by our prophets according to 1 Timothy 4:1-5. Therefore, we are a pro-traditional family and sexuality, young earth creationist, conservative, pro-Israel, pro-life, anti-suicide, pro-religious freedom, and a Christ alone Bible college.
6. FREE IN EXPENSE: Though we want the student to have skin in the game, we want them to be able to pay off every bill with their commitment to their God-given calling in the local church (stateside or on the mission field). Aside from covering the cost of books or tech fees, we want everything to be free. This hopefully will be made possible by the generosity of MPI church (and other partner churches that wish to help by giving). We are open to receiving government grants if they do not compromise our mission. But we will never allow loans or our students to go into debt or be hindered by their lack of financial resources. Thus, all hired positions of leadership in the school will sign a “Volunteer Agreement” that will state all their work for the college will be done pro-bono and without any financial obligation of the school. Jesus said in Matthew 10:8, “Freely you have received, freely give.”
1. The Scriptures are inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind from Genesis to Revelations, 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
2. There is only One True God–revealed in three persons; the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity), Matthew 28:19.
THE DEITY OF JESUS
3. We believe In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ; as God’s Son Jesus is both human and divine, John 1:1,14 & 18.
4. Though originally good, man willingly fell to sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world, Romans 3:23.
5. Every person can have restored fellowship with God through faith in Jesus Christ, Romans 10:13.
6. We practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation as a symbol of Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection, Matthew 28:19 and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation, Luke 22:19-22.
THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
7. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times, Acts 2:4.
8. The initial physical evidence of the baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘speaking in tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles, Acts 19:6.
9. Sanctification initially occurs at salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ-like, 1 Corinthians 6:11.
10. The Church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ, Matthew 16:18.
11. A Divinely Called and Scripturally ordained leadership ministry serves the church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church, 1 Timothy 3:1-16 (Offices- Elders and Deacons) & Ephesians 4:11-12 (Gifts- Five-fold Ministries).
12. Divine healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins), 1 Peter 2:24.
13. In The Blessed Hope—When Jesus raptures His Church prior to His return to earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever, 1 Thessalonians 4:17.
14.The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. At that time many in the nation of Israel will recognize and accept Him as the Messiah, the Savior who died for them and all mankind, Revelation 20:6.
15. A Final Judgment will take place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire, Revelation 20:15.
16. We look forward to the perfect new heavens and a new earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord,” Revelation 21:3.